High-Rely RAIDFrame DAS 5000.
The 5-Bay High-Rely RAIDFrame DAS 5000 is ideal for mission critical backup. This backup appliance provides the largest redundant backup media on the market, utilizing five removable RAIDPac cartridges. Our 5-Bay DAS directly connects to computers using the eSATA interface. The five-channel model DR5005 connects up to five servers simultaneously via eSATA, model DR5002 connects with up to two servers via eSATA, or USB 3.0 simultaneously, and DR5001 will connect to a server either by eSATA, or USB 3.0.
5 Bay RAIDFrame DAS 5000 – a fast, large capacity, directly attached backup solution with removable RAID 5 media (RAIDPacs).
- Each RAIDPac cartridge features an embedded RAID-5 controller, protecting from corruptions, or data loss in the event of disk failure.
- Each RAIDPac displays as a single volume to the host computer, allowing the RAIDFrame to be compatible with any backup-to-disk software.
- Individual RAIDPacs can be swapped for offsite storage, which are easily and safely transported in our hard carry case.
- RAIDPac cartridges are individually accessible by using the built-in eSATA, or USB 3.0 connector.
|Maximum Aggregate Capacity:
|5-Bay RAIDFrame DR5001 Backup DAS:
5-Bay RAIDFrame DR5002 Backup DAS:
5-Bay RAIDFrame DR5005 Backup DAS:
|#15482 – 1-Channel USB 3.0/eSATA 4U Rack Mount Backup DAS.
#15453 – 3-Channel USB 3.0/eSATA 4U Rack Mount Backup DAS.
#14300 – 5-Channel USB 3.0/eSATA 4U Rack Mount Backup DAS.
|Maximum Media Capacity:
||36TB (RAID0); 24TB (RAID5).
|Maximum Transfer Rate:
*Your performance may vary.
||eSATA, USB 3.0/2.0.
|Dimensions (LxWxH inches):
||17.5″ x 17.25″ x 7″
||Shipped: 44 lbs.
Alone: 40 lbs.
||1.7Amps @ 115VAC, 200 Watts.
NOTICE: Specifications subject to changed based on product revisions and component availability.
The Largest Removable RAID Data Backup.
High capacity backups can now be as portable as a standard USB hard drive. The RAIDFrame 5-Bay system directly attaches to your file-server, or workstation, using a single, industry standard eSATA or USB 3.0/2.0 cable. This provides faster access than typical network attached storage systems.
Each of the five RAIDPac ‘drives’ show up separately, allowing backups to go to a separate RAIDPac for each day of the week. A RAID controller and three hard drives are inside each or our RAIDPacs. With a single click and pull, you can remove an entire three drive RAID array and controller for transport.
The RAIDFrame systems are the ultimate power house of data backup. With their tremendous capacity, speed and portability, nothing will stop you from retrieving your valuable data fast.
The RAIDFrame DAS 5000:
- Large Removable Storage. Three 3.5″ drives are supported in each RAIDPac, yielding 36TB for a RAID 0 configuration when using 12TB hard drives. In the RAID 5 configuration, a RAIDPac stores up to 24TB and protects against a drive failure. Smaller size hard drives are also supported for installations that want redundancy at lower price points.
- Monitor-able. We include RAID management and monitoring software to load onto your host machine, if you want to keep track of drive health and RAID configurations. The software will even email you on error.
- No Host RAID Controller. Due to the RAIDPac cartridges’ unique in-stream hardware controller, the host does not need RAID software, or drivers. Plug the system into any multi-drive compatible eSATA controller port, and you are ready to go. It shows up much like a standard USB drive would.
- Software Agnostic. Like our other popular products, you can use this system with almost any backup software. This means enterprise features like Active Directory, Exchange, Sharepoint, and other open file technologies can be supported by the best of breed software.
- File Security. This system is directly attached, so it inherits the security properties of the server, or workstation, it is attached to, which allows for directly copying files while retaining file and folder permissions. This configuration also easily supports the Public Key encryption found in Windows Server, and other Operating Systems, providing the highest level of data protection.
- Fast. Redundant RAID 5 backup can write up to 400 GB/Hour.*
*We have seen over 400GB/Hr using Imaging Software in the lab. Performance will vary depending on many factors within your configuration.
- Field Accessible. Even if your entire system is destroyed, each RAIDPac cartridges’ data can be accessed by any computer. The back of the RAIDPac has an industry standard power connection, a USB 3 port, and a SATA port.
- RAIDPacs for Daily Swap. Unlike “bare back” designs that expose SATA connectors and drives, RAIDPacs are fully enclosed and the connector used is designed for thousands of plug/unplug cycles. RAIDpacs measure only 9.25″ x 6″ x 3.25″ (including handle), and weigh only 5 to 9 lbs each, depending on the drive types they are equipped with.
- Interface. By default, a single eSATA cable connects all five drives. Simply install a multi-drive PCI or PCI-e controller in your server, connect a one or two meter eSATA cable, and you are ready to go. Most server hardware works, there are some known compatibility issues with certain brands, so check with your sales rep for latest details.
- Multiple Interfaces Optional. If you prefer to have dedicated eSATA connectors (usually to support multiple servers in your rack), simply order your unit in 2, or 5 channel versions.
- 4U Rack Mount. Comes with mounting rails and ears.
- OS Compatibility. All Windows, and Linux OS versions support multiple removable eSATA drives. Also supports virtual environments that support Silicon image, or jmicron port multiplier technology.
- File System. Ships with Windows NTFS, with GPT for >2TB support, is factory default. Can be reformatted/re-partitioned as required to support other Operating Systems. Since the drives are directly attached, they inherit the full NTFS permissions and compatibility with the host system, and domain infrastructure.
- Security. Each RAIDPac can be physically padlocked in place. Operating System based PKI encryption can be used on each volume to completely protect your data.
- Power Supply. Dual ATX style power supplies for easy field upgrade/replacement, and total failure protection.
5-Bay RAIDFrame DR5001 Backup DAS
5-Bay RAIDFrame DR5001 1-Channel USB 3.0/eSATA 4U Rack Mount Backup DAS
*Media trays purchased separately.
Part #: HRRF5B-1EU3 (Stock #: 15482)
5-Bay RAIDFrame DR5002 Backup DAS
5-Bay RAIDFrame DR5002 2-Channel USB 3.0/eSATA 4U Rack Mount Backup DAS
*Media trays purchased separately.
Part #: HRRF5B-2EU3 (Stock #: 15483)
5-Bay RAIDFrame DR5005 Backup DAS
5-Bay RAIDFrame DR5005 5-Channel eSATA-only 4U Rack Mount Backup DAS
*Media trays purchased separately.
Part #: HRRF5B-5 (Stock #: 14300)
We offer eSATA and USB Controllers in PCI and PCI-E. We recommend checking with your computer’s maker about compatibility with ADD-ON SATA disk controllers. Existing RAID controllers may interfere with the function of other disk controllers.
Part #: PCIE-MARVEL-9215-2E2I (Stock #: 16181)
Texas Instruments TUSB7340 Chipset
Certified SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Controller
3x External + 1x Internal USB 3.0 Ports
Low Profile Bracket Included
Part #: HRPCIE3E1IUSB3TI (Stock #: 15417)
Standard 12 Month. Extensions available with advance replacement feature.
Warranty Coverage Statements
Click here for compatible media