6 Reasons to Trust Your Backups to an Expert
By Jay Waggoner, Director of Cloud Services Business Development, VeriStor Systems
Backups. They are arguably the least glamorous task for any IT team. And yet, they are also one of the most critical. In fact, according to Gartner, 43% of companies go immediately out of business after a “major loss” of computer records. Even worse, only 6% of companies survive longer than two years after a significant data loss.
Although these statistics are ominous, so many organizations are still using a hodge-podge of backup solutions. But, there is an easy answer. Backup as a Service. BaaS, managed by data protection experts, will eliminate the burden of traditional backup solutions. They also offer the predictability of an operational expense, rather than costly up front capital expenses traditionally expected with a backup or disaster recovery solution. Typically available in varying degrees to support a range of recovery time objectives (RTOs), BaaS solutions can resolve many of the challenges faced by these data dinosaurs.
Here are six reasons you should offload your backup process to an expert.
- Optimized resources. With BaaS, there is no hardware to purchase, no software to license and no ongoing maintenance costs to consider.
- Secure and compliant. With security features such as built-in 256-bit encryption and retention in secure SAS-70/SSAE16-certified datacenters, data is never at risk. Plus, hosted virtual infrastructure services support a full range of regulatory compliance requirements including SEC 17a4, PCI/DSS, HIPAA/HITECH, Sarbanes-Oxley, and Gramm-Leach so considering the impact of a new regulation or policy is never an issue.
- Offsite. To achieve disaster recovery preparedness, BaaS solutions, by nature are offsite resources that will safeguard data in the event of any disaster.
- Cost effective and predictable. BaaS solutions are usage-based services with a set monthly or quarterly billing that is both cost effective and predictable. This shifts the cost of data protection from its history as a capital expense to an operational expense that can deliver the financial benefit of no surprises.
- Flexible and scalable. BaaS data protection also delivers unparalleled flexibility. They support an unlimited range of operating systems, applications and platforms and don’t require specific hardware or software at the source.
- Fully Managed. Finally, it’s transparent. Many BaaS providers will offer fully managed options so that backup and disaster recovery is as simple as a “set it and forget it” process.
Protect company data with the peace of mind that comes from expert management, monitoring and support so that you can survive any data loss without a second thought.
For more information, contact Jay Waggoner at email@example.com or via phone at 678.990.1593.
Jay Waggoner is the Director of Cloud Services Business Development at VeriStor Systems, an advanced IT solutions provider specializing in virtual infrastructure and enterprise private, public and hybrid cloud services and solutions.